2/19/2010

Last Night at The Shrine

Last nights show at The Shrine was a blast. Many thanks to Tara and her band for having us. Lani Ford opened the evening with a great set, including one of the all time great guitar solos....you had to be there. Mandy & I went on at about 8:30 and immediately kicked into Hiway 49...I was running on pure adrenaline. I brought out my Justin Sain axe (last minute decision) for all of the open tuned/slide material, and the sound was just out there. Elmore James would have approved! Mandy...well, what can I say? She was ON from the first note, and didn't let up till the last falsetto shriek of Levee...
 Here's the set list:
1. Hiway 49
2. It Hurts Me Too
3. When I'm Done
4. Three Time Loser
5. Sugar Coated Love
6. I'd Rather Go Blind
7. Waiting For My Man
8. When The Levee Breaks
**Footnote: my capo and my set list disappeared behind the stage left Fender Rhodes piano during the first song - when excessive vibration from my roaring guitar amp slid both items into oblivion. Mandy was NOT amused when I proceeded to play Sugar Coated Love in the wrong key due to the missing capo....

1 comment: